Publication, data sharing, authorships
Researchers who use the resources and capabilities of ARK-Genomics are expected to publish the resulting data in a timely manner. ARK-Genomics enjoys underpinning financial support from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) and other funding bodies. Thus, researchers who use ARK-Genomics are encouraged to share their data with the scientific community in compliance with the BBSRC data sharing policy
. Details of publications, presentations and other outputs that have arisen, wholly or in part from the use of ARK-Genomics resources or facilities should be reported to ARK-Genomics
in order that the outputs can be reported to BBSRC and other sponsors and thus justify the continuing underpinning financial support.
Recognition of ARK-Genomics contributions to publications
If two or more of the following criteria are satisfied, specified members of the ARK-Genomics team (which includes the Director of the facility) should normally be included as co-authors of any publication:
- Initial intellectual idea or contribution to ideas.
- Involvement with the design and construction of the resource used (e.g. microarray, SNP assays, SNP-chips, ..), where the paper describes the design, development or first use of the resource.
- Help (including discussion) with experimental design and set-up.
- Performing some of the experimental work, where this includes development and/or training of the researchers. [Execution of standard experimental procedures would normally be recognised by an acknowledgement.]
- Performing some of the data analysis, including training of the researchers.
- Contribution to interpretation of results.
- Contribution to writing or editing the paper.
Content of these guidelines on publication, data sharing and authorship were approved by the ARK-Genomics Steering Committee, September 2007.
A detailed list of ARK-Genomics publications is available online, covering those where ARK-Genomics staff are included as collaborating authors, those where ARK-Genomics are acknowledged, meeting abstracts, conference proceedings, books and more.
ARK-Genomics Entries From PubMed